With fall on its way and winter following shortly after, many people are starting to look into having their furnaces checked up on or repaired. Not sure if you actually need furnace repair in Albany, OR? All you need to do is be on the lookout for any of a few tell-tale signs that your furnace might not be functioning properly.
Here are a few signs that could indicate furnace repair is a necessity in your home:
- Unusual sounds: No furnace is going to operate with a whisper, this is true. However, a well-functioning furnace should never make noises like banging, clanging, groaning or whining. If you hear these alarming, unusual sounds coming from your furnace, you should have a professional come and diagnose the problem. It could be that you have a
component that is about to fail.
- Cranking up the thermostat doesn’t do anything: The entire point of a furnace is to provide warm air. But if cranking up the thermostat still isn’t giving you the heat you need, you clearly have a problem. You might have a faulty thermostat, leaking ducts in your home, a problem with a pilot light or some sort of broken part in your furnace. Whatever the problem, it’s important to get it fixed as soon as possible.
- High electric bills: If you’ve noticed your electricity bills are higher than they usually are during the winter months, this could be because there are certain problems in your furnace that are making it operate inefficiently.
- You have a yellow pilot light: A healthy pilot light should burn blue, as it indicates an ideal mixture of gases. A yellow pilot light could indicate the presence of problematic gases, such as carbon monoxide.
- Your furnace has problems staying on: If your furnace regularly shuts itself off or has problems getting started, you might have faulty wiring, a bad thermostat or a broken pilot light.
- Your home is unevenly heated: Furnaces should be able to heat your entire house. If certain areas of your home tend to be chilly during the winter, there’s probably something wrong with your ducts or your furnace.
- Poor air quality: If you’ve noticed an uptick in health problems like allergies, respiratory illnesses or other types of sicknesses, it could be due to poor air quality in your home. The most common cause of poor air quality is furnace issues. It could be something as simple as dusty components that need to be cleaned. It could also be that mold or other irritants are seeping into your system and then being spread throughout your home. Whatever the situation, it’s important to have a professional take a look.
- Old furnaces: In some cases, it’s more sensible to replace a furnace altogether than to attempt to make repairs. Once a unit gets old enough, repairs are no longer worth the money or the hassle
For more information about when to make a call for furnace repair in Albany, OR, contact the experts at Larsell Mechanical Service today.
Categorised in: Uncategorized
This post was written by admin