It always seems to happen in the middle of the night on the coldest day of the year—your furnace breaks down. While this is obviously an emergency and you should call an HVAC contractor in Albany, OR immediately, knowing other situations in which it is a good idea to call for emergency HVAC services can help save you from an uncomfortable and dangerous evening. Here are some instances in which you ought to call for emergency HVAC services right away:
• You hear loud noises: If you are hearing some unusual and abnormal sounds coming from your HVAC system, you should call an HVAC contractor in Albany, OR for emergency services. This is an indication that there is something seriously wrong with your furnace and it needs inspection as soon as possible. Stop running the heating system until you can have an HVAC service professional inspect it, as you could cause further damage to the unit if you continue to operate it.
• You smell gas: When you smell gas, that is an immediate red flag. Gas is leaking from somewhere, and it could potentially be dangerous. Turn off your HVAC system and call for repairs. An HVAC contractor in Albany, OR will be able to find the source of the leak and repair it as soon as possible.
• Cold air is coming in: On a frigid night, the last thing you need is for cold air to be flowing into your home. This is a sign that there is a problem with your HVAC system, and an HVAC contractor in Albany, OR should be called right away. Letting this go can cause your home to fill up with cold air, making it as cold inside as it is outside, which could be a hazard in the dead of winter. Emergency services are certainly required in this instance, as your health could be in danger.
• You see smoke: This is a sign that there is an electrical problem, which could cause a fire. Stop using your furnace immediately and contact an HVAC contractor in Albany, OR to come to your home right away. There could be a problem with the wiring, and if left unattended, this could start a fire in your home. Calling for emergency services is wise and will help alleviate the problem.
• Your thermostat is reading incorrectly: When no matter what you do with your thermostat you are not getting a true reading, emergency services from an HVAC contractor in Albany, OR are necessary. This could be a sign of a bigger issue and requires a professional to diagnose whether the trouble is with your thermostat itself or a symptom of a larger problem.
Calling an HVAC contractor in Albany, OR for emergency services can take the chill out of an evening with a broken down furnace. If you experience any of these signs, be sure to have an HVAC contractor come out to your home right away to check on your system. Call Larsell Mechanical Service. We offer emergency heating and cooling services, as well as repairs, installation and maintenance for your HVAC system.
Categorised in: HVAC Contractor
This post was written by Writer