It’s that time of year again! Flowers are starting to bloom, the sun sets later in the evening and the days are getting warmer. We can all put our winter coats in our closets and turn off the heat in our homes. This year, make sure you call HVAC specialists for air conditioning service in Albany, OR to ensure your air conditioner works properly throughout the year. Here are a few of the things your HVAC technician will do to get your air conditioner up and running this spring:
• Clean debris inside the unit: Leaves and other debris can accumulate inside the unit’s cabinet during autumn when all of the leaves fall to the ground. The first thing our technician will do is remove all of that junk to make sure it doesn’t cause a problem when your AC is running this year.
• Clean the coils: Once all of the large debris is out of the unit’s cabinet, our technician will get inside and clean all of the condensation coils that keep your unit from blowing hot air.
• Check the refrigerant levels: Your air conditioning unit obviously won’t work properly if there isn’t any refrigerant in it! Although it’s unlikely that the unit will be totally out of refrigerant, the levels tend to drop a bit over the course of the year. We’ll ensure the levels are correct and replace any liquid that may have been lost.
• Inspect the motor and blades: A unit full of refrigerant is useless if the motor and blades aren’t working to blow cool air through the ducts and inside your home. Our professionals will inspect the motor and blades for any damage, and repair or replace them as necessary.
• Run the unit: Before our technician leaves your house for the day, he or she will test the unit to ensure everything is working as it should be. If there are any problems, our technician will be able to fix the issue before it’s too late.
While only a trained HVAC technician should perform outside air conditioning service in Albany, OR this spring, there are a few things you can do inside your home to ensure a properly running and efficient air conditioner this year:
• Clean floor registers: It’s inevitable that dirt and debris will fall down into your floor registers. The problem is compounded when you have cats and dogs or small children running around in your home. Getting this debris out of your registers is crucial if you want an efficient system this year. Simply unscrew your registers and suck that debris out with your vacuum cleaner.
• Clean return air filters: Before you put your vacuum cleaner away, try to suck out any debris from your return air filters. The same debris in your registers gets sucked into your return air filters throughout the year and makes your system less effective.
Don’t risk having an improperly running air conditioning unit when you need it the most this year. Give Larsell Mechanical Service a call ASAP to schedule routine air conditioning service in Albany, OR!
Categorised in: Air Conditioning Service
This post was written by Writer