Now that fall is finally here, temperatures are dropping and you might be thinking about firing up your furnace to keep your home toasty. Unfortunately, your furnace might not be ready to help keep your home comfortable on those cold fall days after months of sitting idle. During periods when it’s not in use, your furnace can accumulate dust, debris and other particles that inhibit it from operating the way it should during the colder months. To ensure that your system is prepared for anything that the fall forecast has in store, it’s a good idea to invest in furnace maintenance in Albany, OR. Here’s why:
- Safety: During a furnace tune-up, a technician can identify cracks and other damage that may cause carbon monoxide to leak into your home. Carbon monoxide leaks can be difficult to detect, and exposure to this gas can be deadly, so a thorough inspection and tune-up is a crucial step that you should take every fall to keep your family safe.
- Savings: No system is invincible, and small issues are bound to come up from time to time. But if you neglect these small repairs, then you are likely to end up with major problems down the road that cost you an arm and a leg to fix. By identifying and fixing small issues early on, you can save money later. In addition, furnace maintenance in Albany, OR keeps your system running efficiently so that you can save money on your monthly energy costs.
- Longevity: Replacing a furnace is not cheap, so you want to make sure that your furnace lasts for as long as possible before you have to invest in a new one. However, many homeowners find themselves paying for furnace replacement prematurely because they neglected ongoing care and maintenance. Tune-ups keep your system running efficiently so that it continues to perform effectively for years to come.
- Efficiency: Over time, dust and debris can build up in your system and inhibit air circulation. In order to compensate for these obstructions, your system will work overtime to try and moderate the temperature in your home. During a furnace tune-up, a technician will clear obstructions from your system to promote efficient power usage and airflow that will keep your energy costs in check.
- Comfort: At the end of the day, you rely on your furnace to keep your home comfortable when temperatures dip, but it won’t be able to do this unless you take care of it. Furnace maintenance in Albany, OR is a small investment that allows you to keep your home comfortable and avoid major system failures during the fall and winter months.
Get your furnace into great shape for fall and winter with help from the expert team at Larsell Mechanical Service. Since 1972, we have offered a wide range of HVAC services for commercial, residential and industrial clients alike. Our team of contractors has specialized in heating and cooling installation, service and repair for over 45 years. Regardless of what your specific needs may be, we are here to help you. Reach out today to schedule your fall furnace tune-up!
Categorised in: Furnace Maintenance
This post was written by Writer